Chamber of Commerce
Discount Sales of Akron Chamber Bucks Begin on April 20
The Akron Area Chamber of Commerce is introducing a new program to reward area residents for shopping local and
supporting area businesses during the COVID-19 virus outbreak and the recovery period afterwards. A new discounted Akron Chamber Bucks program will allow people to purchase Akron Chamber Bucks at a 20 percent discount, then use those Chamber Bucks at member businesses through September 30, 2020. Sales will begin on April 20, running until May 15, or until a total of $20,000
in discounted Chamber Bucks are sold. A maximum of $250 in discounted Chamber Bucks can be purchased per adult.
For example, someone paying $80 will receive $100 in Akron Chamber Bucks, which can be used at any Chamber
Business. This results in a 20 percent savings on the end purchase.
Discounted Akron Chamber Bucks can be purchased at the Akron locations of Security National Bank and Peoples Bank beginning on Tuesday, May 5 – May 15. Purchases can be made through the drive-up and walk-up windows of each bank. Residents who are not comfortable visiting the banks in person may call Security National Bank at 712-568-2472 or Peoples Bank at 712-568-1091 to make delivery or other arrangements.
Click here to see where you can spend you Akron Chamber Bucks.
Why Join the Chamber?
Together, we are making a difference for businesses and citizens in our community.
The Chamber is your opportunity to network, build your business, and make Akron a better place to work, live and play.
Annual memberships are available for business, non-profit and individual members.
Supporting businesses and encouraging residents to shop locally
- $2,100 in Chamber Bucks awarded in quarterly receipt rebates
- Sales of discounted Chamber Bucks during holidays
- SLAM (Shop Local Akron Merchants) holiday kickoff promotion
- Celebrate 48 event to welcome back South Dakota residents after bridge re-opening
- Facebook page to share events and business promotions
Coordinating events to make Akron a great place to live and work
- Easter egg hunt and activities
- Farmers Market
- Fourth of July celebration and fireworks
- Summer “Night Out” event
- Halloween parade and Trunk or Treat
- Hometown Christmas
- Participation in Homecoming parade, Scarecrow Festival and other events
Providing networking and promotion opportunities
- Monthly membership meetings
- Ribbon cuttings and open house events
- Annual Chamber Banquet
- Free booth space to members at Farmers Markets
Jennie Roed, President
PO BOX 151
Akron, IA 5100