Why Join the Chamber?
Together, we are making a difference for businesses and citizens in our community.
The Chamber is your opportunity to network, build your business, and make Akron a better place to work, live and play.
Annual memberships are available for business, non-profit and individual members.
2021 Membership Form for Chamber Boosters (Individuals)
2021 Membership Form for Businesses and Nonprofits
Supporting businesses and encouraging residents to shop locally
- $2,100 in Chamber Bucks awarded in quarterly receipt rebates
- Sales of discounted Chamber Bucks during holidays
- SLAM (Shop Local Akron Merchants) holiday kickoff promotion
- Celebrate 48 event to welcome back South Dakota residents after bridge re-opening
- Facebook page to share events and business promotions
Coordinating events to make Akron a great place to live and work
- Easter egg hunt and activities
- Farmers Market
- Fourth of July celebration and fireworks
- Summer “Night Out” event
- Halloween parade and Trunk or Treat
- Hometown Christmas
- Participation in Homecoming parade, Scarecrow Festival and other events
Providing networking and promotion opportunities
- Monthly membership meetings
- Ribbon cuttings and open house events
- Annual Chamber Banquet
- Free booth space to members at Farmers Markets
Jennie Roed, President
PO BOX 151
Akron, IA 51001