Click to Home
Go To Search
Email pagePrint page

Home

Posted on: November 20, 2017

Notice to Bidders

NOTICE TO BIDDERS 
 

Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the Public Works Director of the City of Akron, Iowa, at the City Offices at 220 Reed Street, P.O. Box 318, Akron, IA  51001 before 1:30 PM, on December 20, 2017, for the furnishing an electric power transformer for the City of, Iowa.  At said time and place, bids will be publicly opened and read.  Bids will be acted upon by the City Council at a subsequent meeting.

The equipment to be supplied and installed at the City’s substation is described in general as follows:

Power Transformer:  One (1) 5.0/6.25 MVA at 55°C, 5.6/7.0 MVA at 65°C, ONAN/ONAF,

67 kV Delta to 12.47 GRDY/7.2 kV with LTC and accessories

The above equipment shall be in accordance with the specifications and proposed form of contract now on file in the offices of the City of Akron, Iowa, by this reference made a part hereof, as though fully set out and incorporated herein.

Suppliers desiring a copy of the project documents for individual use may obtain them from www.questcdn.com.  You may download the digital plan documents at no charge by inputting Quest project #5442103 on the website's Project Search page.  Please contact QuestCDN.com at 952-233-1632 or info@questcdn.com for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information.  An optional paper set of the proposal forms and specifications at no charge for individual use may be obtained from the office of the Engineer, DGR Engineering, 1302 South Union, P.O. Box 511, Rock Rapids, Iowa 51246, telephone 712-472-2531, Fax 712-472-2710, email: dgr@dgr.com.

All bids shall be made out on a blank form furnished by the City and must contain either (1) a cashier's check or draft or check or share draft certified and drawn on a solvent State or National bank, in an amount equal to ten percent (10%) of the amount of the Bid; or (2) a bid bond executed by a corporation authorized to contract as a surety in the State of Iowa, in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the amount of the Bid.  The bid security shall be made payable to the City of Akron, IA. The bid security must not contain any conditions either in the body or as an endorsement thereon.  Such bid security shall be forfeited to the City as liquidated damages in the event the successful bidder fails or refuses to enter into a contract within ten (10) days after the award of contract and post satisfactory Performance and Payment Bonds.  No oral, facsimile, e-mail, telegraphic or telephonic bids or modifications will be considered.

Payment to the Supplier for the equipment shall be made on the basis of ninety-five percent (95%) of the base bid for the equipment, within 30 days of receipt of the equipment in acceptable condition and associated invoice.  Payment shall be made for the remaining five percent (5%) of the contract price, less calculated penalties, within 30 days after final completion, field testing, and receipt of test reports, final drawings, certification by the Engineer, and associated invoice.

By virtue of statutory authority, a preference will be given to products and provisions grown, and coal produced within the State of Iowa, and preference shall be given to Iowa domestic labor in the construction of said improvements.  The Owner will, in evaluating Bids, consider the requirements of the resident bidder preference law, and allow such preferences to resident bidders as are required to be allowed under State Law.  Bidder shall, when submitting a Bid, furnish an executed Bidder Status Form for the Owner to use when applying the preference law.  Failure to submit a fully completed Bidder Status Form with the bid may result in the bid being deemed nonresponsive and rejected.

Delivery of the Power Transformer is desired to be no earlier than August 1, 2018 and no later than September 15, 2018, with field services completed by September 30, 2018. 

The City reserves the right to defer acceptance of any proposal for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days after the date proposals are received and no proposal may be withdrawn during this period.  The City also reserves the right to waive irregularities, reject any or all bids, and enter into such contract as it shall be deemed to be in the best interest of the City.

Dated this 29th day of November, 2017.


CITY OF AKRON
AKRON, IOWA

Dan Rolfes
Public Works Director


Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home

MINIONS ARE COMING TO AKRON!

Posted on: December 14, 2017

Stay In Touch

Posted on: August 14, 2012